- Dept Director:
- Ronnie Davis
- (270) 487-9231 ext. 1183 / 1184
for information regarding preparation for radiology procedures.
Richard Wiesemann, MD
Medical Director Radiology
RIC - Monroe County Medical Center
Diagnostic testing is at the center of the diagnosis or detection of disease.
It is commonly utilized to assist with decisions concerning the continuum of patient care.
With the implementation of Powerscribe, a voice recognition software which automatically prints the x-ray report as they are being dictated,
and Intelerad, a workstation which allows the Radiologist to view and read the Digital Radiology Exam from a computer outside or inside the hospital,
here at Monroe County Medical Center,
referring and ordering physicians will experience a marked increase in the availability of diagnostic reports.
Every patient that is seen, whether routine or emergent, will benefit from the faster report turn-around times
made possible by the utilization of Intelerad and Powerscribe. The Emergency Department will realize a decrease
in the possibility of clinical discrepancies and an increase in patient throughput.
This state of the art technology, Powersribe and Intelerad, is custom designed to meet the needs of our medical community.
With the continued support and collaboration of efforts from Ronnie Davis, R.T. (Diagnostic Imaging, Director) and
Vicky McFall, R.N. (CEO); these combined enhancements will give Monroe County Medical Center a competitive advantage over
similar hospitals in the surrounding market.
Richard Wiesemann M.D.
The Radiology Department offers the following services:
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular Imaging
- Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Digital Mammography
- Expand final report delivery to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Faster turn-around time on all radiology exams.
*Voice Activated Dictation
- RIC (Radiology Imaging Consultants) has invested in a fully integrated PACS (Picture Archiving and Communications Systems).
This system stores digital radiology exams and will run parallel to Monroe County Medical Center's PACS.
- With voice activated dictation, transcription resources will become more available for house staff.
- Exams will populate on a work-list automatically, alleviating the need for radiology staff to initiate
interpretations during evening and overnight hours.
RIC provides the advantage of access to sub-specialty radiologists with fellowship training in:
- Approximately 40% of all radiologists in the U.S. use PowerScribe at over 1,100 provider organizations.
- Radiologists who use PowerScribe report increased referrals by faster availability of reports, making hospital-based
radiology departments more competitive.
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pediatric Radiology
Message from RIC CEO Jay Bronner
"RIC has been committed to delivering the highest quality radiology services and patient care for over 30 years.
Our partners and management team are constantly seeking out
innovative approaches to provide the best service in each community that we serve.
The partners of RIC take pride in coming to the hospitals they serve and becoming
integral members of the medical staff and community at large.
We have always believed that patients in the emergency room deserve the same
level of service at 2 a.m. that they receive at 2 p.m. and that referring physicians
should expect final interpretations in order to meet the needs of the patient."
Jay Bronner, M.D., M.B.A
Radiology Imaging Consultants, SC
The implementation of Intelerad is a partnership between Radiology Imaging Consultants and
Monroe County Medical Center. This PACs platform will operate parallel Monroe County Medical Center's PACs enhancing
the service delivery offered to referring and house physicians.