Thank you for visiting the Rehabilitation Services department page. We are available Monday - Friday, 7 am - 4:30 pm. We are staffed with 12 full and part time employees.
The Rehabilitation Services department at MCMC is committed to providing comprehensive therapy to all ages and conditions. Our team of highly-qualified therapist works closely with each patient to evaluate and provide a customized treatment program that fits each individual’s needs.
Responsibilities and Purpose
Our Physical Therapists work to improve function and physical health of individuals with various debilitating conditions. We commonly treat people with pain associated with arthritis, back/neck pain, sports or work-related injury, and post surgical procedures to improve motion and strength while decreasing pain. We also treat people with difficulty walking, generalized weakness, impairments associated with a stroke, as well as many other diagnoses.
Our Occupational therapist is directly involved in getting patients back to being as independent as possible in their daily life. The occupational therapist will work to make sure that patients accomplish their basic needs by practicing everyday activities. Patient's are treated for decreased safety, decreased independence with ADL's (including bathing, grooming, dressing, meal preparation, etc), generalized weakness, hand and upper extremity injuries, impairments associated with stroke, and other diagnosis. The occupational therapist also helps to educate the patient and family members on assistive devices and compensatory strategies to help with the completion of activities of daily living.
Our Speech therapist focus on diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of swallow, speech, cognitive, and communication disorders which are often a result from stroke, brain injury, developmental disorders, as well as many other causes. Our Speech therapists develop treatments according to each individual’s needs.
Physical Therapy services we provide include:
- Individualized therapeutic program and instruction in home exercise program.
- Advanced equipment to meet the needs of many patient conditions
- Comprehensive sports rehab program
- Community education (injury prevention exercises for sports teams, workplace ergonomics, diabetes and exercise)
- Advanced joint manual therapy techniques
- Joint Manipulation
- Myofascial release techniques
- Trigger point dry needling
- Prosthetic and orthotic training
- Wound Care
- Instrument Assisted Manual Therapy Techniques (Cupping and Graston Technique)
- Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Sports Performance Enhancement Program
- Aquatic Therapy
Occupational Services we provide include:
- Activity retraining
- Pediatric services, including fine motor coordination, handwriting, sensory processing disorder, etc.
- Upper extremity and work related injuries
- Individualized therapeutic programs
Speech Therapy services we provide include:
- Videofluoroscopic swallowing study (modified barium swallow)
– Test used to identify anatomical and physiological abnormalities effecting swallowing.
- Dysphagia therapy (swallowing therapy)
– Instruct patient / caregiver on proper therapeutic exercises to improve feeding and swallowing.
– VitalStim Therapy- the use of neuromuscular electric stimulation for the treatment of dysphagia.
- Speech and Language therapy
– Instruct patient / caregiver on exercise techniques to improve neuromuscular performance and quality of speech.
For more information or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us: